Buy native plants to enhance your landscape
Every year Central Klickitat Conservation District (CKCD) and Eastern Klickitat Conservation District (EKCD) host an Annual Plant Sale for our communities.
We offer a variety of plants to meet your needs, with a particular focus on native plants for your garden and landscaping.
Plant Sale Details
- Plant sale pre-orders typically open in January and will be announced on our website.
- CKCD does not ship or deliver plants. We set a date and location each spring when customers pick up their plants.
- Supplies are limited! You may buy plants on the day of the sale, but the best way to guarantee that we’ll have what you need is to pre-order.
All plants we sell are marked with the following categories to help you decide what will work best for you and your property:
- Deer Resistant: Most likely will not be bothered by or browsed upon by deer.
- Drought Resistant: Can withstand extended periods of low water availability. Remember that all new plantings need extra water for establishment.
- Fall Color: Produce especially colorful fall foliage.
- Fire Resistant: Wise choices for homeowners in the wildland interface.
- Fragrant: Produce a powerful and pleasant fragrance.
- Native: Plants were present in North America before European exploration. While not every native occurs naturally in every part of the continent, most of the natives on our list do occur naturally in the northwestern US.
- Pollinator Friendly: Natural attractants for various pollinators, including butterflies and bees. They are important to the overall health of the native ecosystem.
- Wildlife Friendly: Wildlife refers not only to deer, but other large game animals, songbirds, and game birds. It also includes small mammals and reptiles, which provide food for larger animals and birds of prey.
Visit the CKCD website each January for details about the Annual Plant Sale and to pre-order your plants.